Search This Blog

Saturday 19 September 2009

3 hours to go

So 3 hours to go before the contestants are back to dance Latin, what am I expecting? (Please note that all pictures below are property of the BBC and links will take you direct to the couple page)

Ali Bastian & Brian Fortuna - Very nice and elegant Waltz last night, could struggle if she's been given a Cha Cha, might be able to pull off an acceptable Rumba but I think she's too shy at present to really use the hips.

Lynda Bellingham & Darren Bennett - I hope for Lynda's sake she has a Cha Cha tonight as I think she could perform a very cheeky Cha Cha, with the Rumba it would be interesting to see how Darren choreographs another (mature-ish) celebrity routine - after failing with Gloria Hunniford in Series 3.

Joe Calzaghe & Kristina Rihanoff  - Disappointing performance last night (though I must admit it always surprised me that he was the bookies favourite).  I think his Latin tonight will be clunky and awkard - sorry Joe, please don't hit me!

Ricky Groves & Erin Boag - Good performance just suffered from nerves and tightness in the shoulders, however I think Ballroom will be his forte.

Martina Hingis & Matthew Cutler - If she'd just stood up straighter (brought the rib-cage up and strengthened her core muscles) her Waltz would've been a lot better.  I think she could do quite well in the Latin but she will need to perform more.

Chris Hollins & Ola Jordan   - Poor Chris, second on the table last night but I think his flat-footed approach to the Tango will spill over into whichever Latin dance he does tonight, I'm afraid i'm not expecting good things - let's hope i'm wrong.

Jade Johnson & Ian Waite - Tall is always good when it comes to Ballroom but most people find it a hindrance in Latin - there's just too much body to move around, not that that's ever stopped Ian!  Jade, I think, will struggle with controlling her body during the Latin, and needs to avoid flicking her hands once extended.

Rav Wilding & Aliona Vilani - Too muscly I think to portray either Latin dance effectively, but could be wrong - just look at Austin Healey last year.


My prediction for tonight is between Ali and Martina for top spot (dependant on dances allocated to each) and Joe to stay fixed to the bottom and I think he'll be relying heavily on audience votes.

But as always we will just have to wait and see how the dances get allocated tonight, and i'm sure there will be at least a few surprise performances in there.

Do you agree with what i've said above, or how do you see it going?  Please feel free to leave your comments below by clicking on "comments" and posting your message there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that all comments are moderated and so your message may take some time to appear.

To leave a comment with your name just choose 'Name/URL' in the 'Comment as' drop down menu and you will be given the chance to enter your name.