Search This Blog

Friday 24 September 2010

Strictly Come Dancing Training Clips - Wk 2 (part 2)


So the BBC decide to be cheeky and release another training video from Strictly Come Dancing just as I'm posting my final revision to the week 2 summary.  Thought I may as well start a new post for it.

Our surprise extra training video for week 2 is courtesy of Jimi Mistry & Flavia Cacace.  I've heard tell in the twittersphere that Jimi is a rumoured dark horse for the competition, let's see how the training is coming along.



Wow, Jimi has certainly got a terrific start with that hip action.  His Cha Cha Cha is definitely looking one of (if not the) most polished of the initial dances.  My only gripe is with his hand/arms out of hold.  They're a little too straight and rigid for my liking, he needs a bit more rotation from the shoulder and a bit of shaping in the fingers.  As I always say to my students though, if I'm being picky about little things then you're already doing it really well.

However Flavia has choreographed what looks like an amazing routine for their first dance and I'm really excited to see their performance.  Out of all the videos so far Jimi has just jumped straight to the top of my 'must keep an eye on' list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that all comments are moderated and so your message may take some time to appear.

To leave a comment with your name just choose 'Name/URL' in the 'Comment as' drop down menu and you will be given the chance to enter your name.